Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Braden's first day of School

Braden began preschool today at the Green Mountain Montessori School and we are thrilled for this upcoming school year! We love the teachers, the environment and the group of kids Braden will be spending every day with! Took some pictures really quickly...didn't want to embarrass my son in front of his new friends!



His teachers did an in-home visit to really make him feel comfortable with them, I think it worked!
Dropping him off today was really easy, a quick hug goodbye, no big deal. Next to us a mother and daughter were having a really hard time--I think the mother more than the daughter---and at first I wasn't sure why...this program, the teachers, the group of kids are fantastic and I am really confident Braden is in an excellent environment where he will learn and grow.

But, back at home alone I started to get it. My baby is now being influenced by a whole new group of friends and mentors, and I'm not there to help or protect him. I started to think about how important this time is in his life, and I hope and pray this next year will inspire a lifetime love of learning and relationships.

I know I know, kids can be mean, feelings can be hurt, new tasks can be difficult, but I ask the kids and teachers:

--Please take care of my sweet boy
--Please be good influences on him
--Please be nice to him and treat him with respect
--Please be patient and forgiving with him
--Words can hurt and leave lifetime scars; please don't say anything that will hurt him
--He doesn't know anyone yet...please find out what a great person he is and maybe become his new best friends
--Please LOVE HIM LIKE I DO...how can you not love this face?!?


No comments: