Thursday, September 16, 2010

Happy First Birthday Carter!

"Baby Carter" is now one year old! What a special boy and such a blessing to our family. September 16th is your birthday because you were one week late that day and they decided to induce me...late but worth the wait! They started with the induction a little after 1pm, and you were born at 6:38pm...you didn't need a lot of convincing it was time, apparently!In the past year you've been such a wonderful and easy baby, I feel so lucky all the time! You are a very healthy and happy boy, and have hit every milestone really easily. And soon we'll have another big one...you'll be walking any day!

Recent developments: You got your first top tooth on Aug 27th followed quickly but the second on Sept 6th. Four teeth means eating lots of table food...forget that baby food, you decided you don't like it much anyway! I've been introducing whole milk...no more formula for you!
Check out those teeth!
I also just bought and installed your new "big boy car seat"...you have so much more room and seem to love it.

One thing you've been doing the past few weeks is clapping your hands...so cute! I don't remember exactly why this is so important, but I think it shows left/right brain coordination, hand/eye coordination (obviously), etc, so I make a big deal about it and now you've made it into a big game...if you want Mommy's attention and praise, just clap your hands :)

Otherwise, the rest of the day, you spend following Braden around and trying so very hard to play with him! It's amazing how much you love each other, often in the car you spend the whole drive making each other laugh! Other times, of course, he has a hard time sharing toys with you, so I definitely break up a LOT of "one way" fights these days! I'm hoping that will get better with time (probably a lot of time!), but nonetheless you are very lucky to have such an amazing brother in your life.
One thing you've gotten VERY good at is climbing the stairs...and if the gate isn't closed tightly, you know how to open it! You little stinker :) I guess this means you're resourceful and persistent, which of course is good, but maybe not in this case!Your newest word..."Hi!" I guess I often sing-song hi to you all day, so very cute when you repeat it. Actually, you're very good at repeating most sounds, of course I still hear a lot of Mamas and Dada mostly.

Stats: your dr appointment is next week, so I'll just wait to publish those...I'm guessing you're over 20 lbs now though!

Happy First Birthday sweet boy!!!!!! What a big boy...where did my baby go?!?

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

Happy Birthday Carter!