Monday, August 17, 2009

My baby is Two Today!!


Wow…I can’t believe August 17th, 2007 was already two years ago! What a day to remember!
I got up that morning wishing this was the day you would be here, but really not expecting it…most first time babies are late not early, so I just wanted to get through the day, one week before your expected due date.
So I went to work…by that time I was working 6 hrs restricted duty days, but I had to make sure I was on time for the Squadron Commander’s Call (since I was getting my Commendation medal that day for the three years I spent at Luke AFB). So, as the meeting began, I begun to get what I thought were false contractions, but I suffered through them because I really didn’t think they were the real deal. I must have looked horrible standing at “attention” in front of everyone, the first sergeant told me I could sit down if I wanted! After lunch I went home a bit early since I wasn’t feeling so good, but even then I told Scott to go ahead and fly his afternoon sortie…surely this wasn’t the real thing!
But when Scott called when he landed around 4pm, I knew I was mistaken…he needed to get home quick! So, no debriefing for him, and when he got home around 5:30 I said, “Sorry, no time for a shower, let’s go now!!”
Got to the hospital around 6pm, they officially admitted me around 7pm (after determining that I was progressing and was now about 5 cm), and that’s when my water broke and the serious pain began. Very intense, to say the least! The anesthesiologist, my favorite person in the whole wide world at that moment in time, administered the epidural around 7:30, and life was much better then.
The next three hours I tried to relax, but couldn’t sleep because I was so very very excited…my baby was finally on his way! Scott left to get a quick bite to eat and shortly after he got back, it was time to push!!
Well, my favorite number is 17, so, at 11pm on Aug 17th, I was determined to have you quickly, and you cooperated. My beautiful baby boy was born at 11:40pm, and all my hopes and dreams of a beautiful family came true!

Since that day, you have been nothing but a true joy and blessing in our lives. I have treasured every smile, every laugh, every milestone and all the wonderful things in between that make you such a magnificently beautiful person.
Now you’re two! Wow…what a change from the little 6lb6oz peanut I brought home that day! You’ve learned how to crawl, walk and now RUN very quickly everywhere, and seem to have boundless energy most of the time! You love to learn how things work and how pieces fit together , what a beautiful inquisitive mind. You’re now beginning to talk up a storm and easily repeat most things said around you. You’re definitely free-spirited and independent and sometimes stubborn, but you have such a pure and sweet heart. And a contagious laugh! Seconds after you’re in trouble for doing something bad, you have a tendency to find a game or dance a little dance or do something funny, you make it hard to stay mad at you because you’re so darned cute. I guess I could go on and on, but suffice it to say that words just can’t describe the pure happiness and love you have brought to us, and I feel truly blessed to be your mom.
Happy birthday Sweet Boy!

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

Happy Birthday Braden! Hope you had a great birthday!